What is the purpose of Beacon of Hope?
To instill in ALL Lynchburg City Public School students the aspiration to attain post-secondary education AND to provide the tools and resources to do so.
- To ensure that all children who graduate from Lynchburg City Schools are prepared for the next step in life including 4-year college, 2-year college, trade school, technical degrees, industry certifications, or military options
- To change the culture in the Lynchburg community to a PreK-16 school division
- To create a stream of qualified, educationally-prepared talent for the greater Lynchburg workforce
- To improve the quality of life in our community by investing in our most precious resource – our children – who are our future
- To compile and disseminate data on current and continuing post-secondary education trends for Lynchburg’s youth
- To provide college and career opportunities for those would not be able to otherwise
The percentage of seniors with plans for post-secondary education rose by an average of 24% at LCS high schools between 2011 and 2016.
There are no events at this time.View Calendar
Beacon Scholars are Succeeding
“Without Beacon of Hope’s help in pushing Lynchburg College to award me more money, more aid, I just don’t know what I would have done. The support that I’ve received from Mrs. V and the Future Center has been incredible and it means the world.“
~ Jamison Spinner, LCS Class of 2015
Still Have A Question?
Feel free to contact us anytime!