What is the purpose of Beacon of Hope?
To instill in ALL Lynchburg City Public School students the aspiration to attain post-secondary education AND to provide the tools and resources to do so.
- To ensure that all children who graduate from Lynchburg City Schools are prepared for the next step in life including 4-year college, 2-year college, trade school, technical degrees, industry certifications, or military options
- To change the culture in the Lynchburg community to a PreK-16 school division
- To create a stream of qualified, educationally-prepared talent for the greater Lynchburg workforce
- To improve the quality of life in our community by investing in our most precious resource – our children – who are our future
- To compile and disseminate data on current and continuing post-secondary education trends for Lynchburg’s youth
- To provide college and career opportunities for those would not be able to otherwise
The percentage of seniors with plans for post-secondary education rose by an average of 24% at LCS high schools between 2011 and 2016.
Beacon Scholars are Succeeding
“Without Beacon of Hope’s help in pushing Lynchburg College to award me more money, more aid, I just don’t know what I would have done. The support that I’ve received from Mrs. V and the Future Center has been incredible and it means the world.“
~ Jamison Spinner, LCS Class of 2015
Still Have A Question?
Feel free to contact us anytime!